Anxiety, fear, sadness.
These are the inevitable feelings we spend our time pushing away in pursuit of happiness.
But what if I told you that these emotions can’t hurt you? That fighting against them is the only thing that can hurt you? That resisting your emotions prevents you from experiencing life to the fullest?
Unite with me in therapy, and I’ll help you change your relationship with your thoughts and emotions. Make space for them. View them as temporary and separate from you.
Join the many others I’ve helped over the past 10-plus years who are no longer controlled by fear, who spend their time on the things that matter:
fun, hope, love . . . life!
Some of my services as a Counselor:
- Depression management: Cognitive and behavioral techniques to reduce depression and spend more time on meaningful activities. Empathic, strength-based, and solution-focused frameworks utilized.
- Anxiety management: Evidence-based treatment of generalized anxiety, social anxiety, and specific phobias.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Years of experience in providing Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) treatment of OCD.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: Significant experience and comprehensive training in Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) for PTSD.
- Substance-use disorders, alcohol disorder, and addictions: Individual CBT, motivational enhancement, and relapse-prevention techniques to help clients achieve and maintain sobriety or reduce substance use.
- Couples Therapy: Utilize ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), problem-solving, and Gottman's marital therapy modality to help couples, both married and committed, to improve their relationships.
- Therapeutic Framework: More than 10 years experience in counseling, utilizing ACT, CBT, DBT, Motivational Enhancement, Solution-Focused, and Strengths-Based interventions to treat a wide range of conditions and concerns for individual adults ages 18 to 65.
Mental Health Service
- Provide assessment, therapy, consultation, treatment planning, resource linkage, supports coordination, and referral services.
True Therapy is a licensed professional counselor & psychotherapist in Grand Rapids MI.
Our services include Anxiety & depression management, OCD, PTSD, and substance use disorders. Marriage counseling, psychotherapy & mental health services.
True Therapy at 1430 Robinson Rd. SE Suite 203 Grand Rapids, MI 49506